The history began with their father Hermann, who had a photographic memory, and never forgot a chassis number..
Our founder, Hermann Albers, began his career in 1959 as a technician for the Indianapolis area Rolls-Royce & Bentley dealership . He became service manager and retained that position until 1962 when the dealership ceased operations.
Addressing his future, Hermann began servicing customer cars of the former dealership. In May of 1963, H. G Albers Co. began operations as a factory authorized Rolls-Royce & Bentley repair facility from a small shop on 46th Street in Indianapolis.
With meticulous attention to detail and a legendary photographic memory, Hermann’s reputation for providing quality service grew. In 1964 he moved the business to a larger facility on 54th street in Indianapolis.
In 1968 Rolls-Royce & Bentley Motorcars informed Hermann that they would be discontinuing factory authorized service centers and installing a franchise dealer network. Having been offered the franchise for the Indianapolis area, Hermann began the process of locating a building large enough to accommodate new car sales, service and parts, Limited in funds he began a search for a reasonably priced location that would fit both his needs and budget. A property in Zionsville – a former welding company – was purchased. The building and grounds required extensive remodeling to transform it into a dealership, but with great determination and hard work, that humble building became Albers Rolls-Royce, Indiana’s only Rolls-Royce & Bentley dealer.
In March of 1976, Hermann’s eldest son, Greg, began part time employment at the dealership, transitioning to full time in 1981. Hermann’s youngest son, Mark, joined the company in 1978, becoming full time in 1984. Today, Greg and Mark continue to operate the dealership in strict adherence to the exacting standards set forth by their father.
With an expertise and deep knowledge of the Rolls-Royce & Bentley cars over the years and the availability of reliable, overnight shipping, the company’s mail order heritage parts business expended. In 1988 the company was recognized as the largest dealer of genuine factory parts in the world. Due to this growth, the dealership expanded to create the current service and parts area.
In 1999, Rolls Royce and Bentley Motorcars was split in a very unusual sales arrangement. VW Group purchased the Rolls-Royce and Bentley factory, all the tooling, parts inventory as well as the Bentley brand name. BMW acquired the rights to the Rolls-Royce name only and set out to produce a new Rolls-Royce automobile.
Sadness struck the company in 2002 with the sudden death of Hermann G Albers, company founder. The loss was great but Hermann had well prepared Greg and Mark to continue the strong tradition he began in 1963. In 2003, the Rolls Royce and Bentley split was official and the company had to make a painful decision. With limited space for two brands and the potential loss of heritage parts, Albers Rolls-Royce became an exclusive Bentley dealer, dropping its affiliation with the Rolls-Royce line, thus becoming Bentley Zionsville. A new showroom addition followed in 2005. In keeping with the dealership heritage, Crewe built Rolls-Royce motorcars built prior to 2003 that were sold at the dealership continue to be serviced, as well as Bentley vehicles.
The dealership continues to supply parts for Rolls-Royce cars from 1920 to 2002 and all Bentley cars from 1931 to present. Through the years, the dealership has been blessed with great employees, many of whom have remained for decades, providing both consistency and a great wealth of knowledge to the dealership. Our outstanding staff makes this a very special business.
Rolls-Royce & Bentley motorcars have enjoyed a reputation for enduring reliability over the years. It is estimated that 75% of all Rolls-Royce & Bentley motorcars are still on the road or remain in collections. With this in mind, Bentley Zionsville has focused much of it’s energy on making sure that these fine automobiles are able to remain on the road by becoming one of the largest parts suppliers in North America.
A large inventory of parts for Crewe built Rolls-Royce cars (1945-2002) and Crewe Built Bentley cars (1945 to present) are on hand to fulfill customers needs. A limited inventory of parts for pre-war cars Rolls Royce cars (1920-1939( and pre war Bentley cars (1931-1939 are also available.
For over 55 years the name Albers has been synonymous with Crewe built Rolls-Royce and Bentley motorcars. Though events within the Rolls-Royce & Bentley companies have caused our business name to change, at Bentley Zionsville, our passion for the products, and the company distinctives remain unchanged. Bentley Zionsville is:
One of North America’s oldest Bentley dealers
One of the largest distributors of parts for Crewe built Rolls-Royce & Bentley
Still owned and operated by the Albers family
Still committed to the Rolls-Royce & Bentley industry for over 55 years
A friendly and knowledgeable staff
For product information and current inventory contact our sales staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com